This week, we will be reviewing what we have learned in Chapter 7, which includes decimals in the tenths and hundredths place. We will practice how to compare decimals. We will also be doing some fun holiday math activities. There will be no homework next week. We will pick up where we left off in Chapter 7 once we return from holiday break. :)
Students will complete this study guide prior to the chapter test. It is provided to parents in advance as a resource. This study guide was created by a third-party and may contain errors. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Binni.
IXL Math Assignment
This week's IXL assignment is: No new IXL assignment. Enjoy the break!
How to Check Your Child's Minutes
2. Click on the Analytics tab, then make sure you are on the Usage tab.
3. Change the "Date Range" to view the results you want. (It is likely defaulted to "Last 30 Days".)
4. To check a specific date range (this is how I check Friday-Friday), scroll to the very bottom of the page and look for "Looking for the former IXL reports? Access them here" and click.
5. Select the Usage tab on the left side of the page, then select Usage Log.
6. Specify your date range, and click update report.
7. Scroll down to view the "Actual Time Spent Practicing".
Log-in to IXL to complete assignment 2
1-10 minutes 2
11-20 minutes 2
21-29 minutes 2
30 minutes 1
Weekly log completed and signed by parent 1
BONUS: 35+ minutes 1
Think Central/Math in Focus
Students will typically have math homework on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. Math homework will not be assigned on Thursdays so that students are able to focus on preparing for their spelling and reading tests on Friday.